The alumni of the department are holding high positions in prestigious national and international bodies, the drug industry, drugs control administration, and in Universities in India and abroad.
Andhra University is the second institute in the country to start pharmacy courses at University level in 1937. The pharmacy courses were initially offered in the B.Sc. Honours degree of chemical technology and as a specialization at M.Sc. Chemical Technology level. The importance of pharmaceutical sciences led to the formation of a separate department in 1951, with the commencement of B.Pharm. course with late Prof. S. Rangaswamy as founder Head of the Department. The M.Pharm. course was started in 1954. A separate Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences was formed in 1975.The department has been elevated as a constituent college of Andhra University in August 2006.
1. The alumni have formed an association named Andhra University Pharmacy Alumni Charitable Trust (AUPACT) and has established an industrial pharmacy unit in the department in 1998.
2. The faculty of the department has shown their commitment and dynamism by conducting a number of workshops, national and international seminars and conferences, and also the prestigious Indian Pharmaceutical Congress twice, in 1977 and in 1995.
Webinar on 71st Constitution Day