The Institute is engaged in
- Creating a vibrant technology institute that incubates and promotes learning, research, invention and eventually innovation; and
- Preparing each primary stakeholder towards their dharma, while continuing to adhere to its core values:
(a) Prepare competent Technology Graduates ready to meet Grand Challenges of India;
(b) Train active functionaries of a process driven professional institute;
(c) Facilitate builders of an internationally competitive academic institute; and
(d) Provide technology innovation as a force to as many industries as possible for economic value creation.
Establishment of eight more IITs across the country began with a decision of the Cabinet, which was announced by the Minister of Human Resource Development on 28 March 2008. IIT Bhubaneswar, IIT Gandhinagar, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Jodhpur (earlier called IIT Rajasthan), IIT Patna and IIT Ropar began functioning from 2008, and two others, IIT at Indore and IIT Mandi commenced their sessions from 2009. During the past decades since 1956, IITs became hallmark of quality technology undergraduate education internationally, attributed largely to ambience for quality academics. The endeavor at IIT Jodhpur is to live up to this brand image, which has been built meticulously over the last 60 years, with a renewed focus of producing world-class technology-driven graduates to contribute towards the development of the nation.
1. Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur was ranked 54 among engineering colleges by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018.
2. The Learning Hub, i.e., the Library, supports the teaching and research activities of the Institute by facilitating acquisition, organization and dissemination of knowledge resources, and also providing library & information services to IIT Jodhpur community.
3. The Master Plan of IIT Jodhpur Permanent Campus has been awarded 5 Star Rating by the Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA) Council on 11 December 2018. GRIHA Council is an independent platform for the interaction on scientific and administrative issues related to sustainable habitats in the Indian subcontinent.